Jordan Ellen Wedding Cakes
Hi! My name is Jordan Ellen. I am the cake artist and owner of Jordan Ellen Cakes, a boutique cake studio located in Central Florida. I create edible pieces of art that are crafted with a classic approach for the modern bride.
Services I offer
I specialize in luxurious, one-of-a-kind, intricate wedding cakes adorned in handmade sugar flowers and exquisite hand-piped lace. I aspire to create a show-stopper at your wedding. Every cake made has a classic look with a modern twist.
How I got started
Growing up as a child, I enjoyed baking with my Mom. I’ve always considered myself artistic. I enjoyed painting, sketching, and experimenting with different color palettes. Watching baking shows on TV sparked my interest in baking and decorating. I decorated my first cake in 2016.
Cakes were definitely my calling after that. I didn’t attend pastry school. Before discovering my love for wedding cakes and the entrepreneurial life, I took Wilton basic decorating classes. In between that time, I worked as a pastry chef for a local hotel. I also worked for a well established Chocolatier.
Every experience has brought me to where I am today. Something that really changed my life was the opportunity to professionally train in Sugar Artistry under Madison Lee's Cakes in New York City. That’s when I knew the direction Jordan Ellen Cakes would take. Shortly after that, publishers soon started to reach out to me. I was featured in numerous cake decorating & bridal magazines. I was also interviewed by local writers in the Orlando area.
What are the most important things to consider when thinking about your wedding cake?
Many but here are my top ones,
1) You must love every cake made by the cake artist/baker. You have to trust their artistic vision. What is the aesthetic of your wedding day? Does the cake artist specialize in what you are looking for? To highlight this, a couple should not go to a person that specializes in classic sugar flower wedding cakes requesting a dried floral, rustic-boho cake. It is always best to choose someone who specifically specializes in that style.
2) Do they design a custom cake or do you select from a set design offered? Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. This is a very special day for you. The wedding cake you display should be just as beautiful and memorable as the rest of your big day. Also remember, Pinterest is not the only go-to for ideas!
3) Choosing your cake design and flavors should come after you have an estimated guest count. You’ll then receive a more accurate wedding cake quote. Lastly, it’s important to not wait until the last moment to contact your baker or cake artist.
What are the 3 most important questions to ask your cake maker?
- Are you licensed and insured? Most wedding venues require all vendors to be licensed and insured.
- What is your minimum order? Or do you price per slice? You need to work within your budget.
- Are you free on my wedding date?
What kind of cake styles are there?
With either traditional or modern cake styles, there is no limit to what can be done. Why stick to one?
More traditional cakes are round or square and have a white finish of fondant or buttercream. They can have white lace detail piped onto the cake. These cakes have smooth and clean finishes, along with flower decorations.
Examples – are cakes with: sugar flowers, soft hand painting, hand-piped lace, creating edible fabric to symbolize the bride’s dress, and smaller tiers.
Modern themes have different shapes and designs. Think of angled shapes, mix & matching, and hexagon tiers that would give the cake more of a modern look.
Examples- cakes with: geometric, hexagon shapes, geodes, marbled, watercolor, architecture-inspired, rustic-bohemian, and taller tiers.
Why Jordan Ellen Wedding cakes?
What sets me apart is that I stay true to myself as an artist, I am not afraid of innovation, and my attention to fine details and my sugar flowers. I have my own creative identity. During the design process, I am inspired by elements of your wedding. Your cake sketch is based on your theme, florals, lace on bride’s dress, color swatches, fabrics, and invitations. I take pride in every design, which is different for every client. One cake is never repeated. I will take what you find on Pinterest into consideration, but the cake will be designed for YOU.
Lastly, my sugar flowers. After meeting with the couple and discussing their concept, that’s when my sugar flower process begins. They are the definition of a labor of love. Crafting each sugar flower by hand. Every petal is individually rolled, cut, wired, shaped, taped and dusted. Every petal starts from white and every flower is painted by hand. I take on a classic approach with my sugar flowers but also realistic features. My sugar flowers are definitely a unique factor.
What can I do differently?
There is a list of things done differently. Just to name a few, I love to use your sugar flowers from your wedding day to assemble an acrylic keepsake box, if stored correctly they will last for years.
Also, I bake and decorate beautiful elegant mini cakes for your cake tasting! No cake slices, I want you to taste exactly what you will taste on your wedding day. Have you ever dreamed about receiving a framed sketch of your cake? I do that too! Lastly, I offer a complimentary cake for your 1 year anniversary!
What location(s) do you cover?
I currently serve Central Florida and surrounding areas. ( Orlando, Tampa, St Petersburg, Clearwater, Bradenton, Winter Haven, Sanford ). Eventually, I would like to service throughout Florida state.
Jordan Ellen Cakes