Yes to the Stunning Virgin Islands for your wedding
by – Capt Jay, Sail Helios
The United States Virgin Islands (USVI for short) is one of the best destinations in the Caribbean for couples looking to tie the knot in a romantic, tropical setting. With its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush tropical landscapes, the USVI offers a range of options for couples looking to exchange their vows in paradise. A passport is not required in the USVI, and the currency is USD $.
Here, we'll take a closer look at the three main islands of the USVI – St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas and help you determine which one is the best for your wedding.
1. Thomas - this is the most populated and developed island of the USVI and offers the most options for wedding venues, from beaches to hotels and resorts. The island also has a bustling nightlife, shopping, and dining scene. However, due to its popularity, it can be more crowded than the other islands.
2. John - this is a smaller, more secluded island with pristine beaches and stunning natural scenery. It has a more laid-back vibe and is known for its eco-tourism and hiking trails. It's an excellent choice for couples who want a more intimate and private wedding ceremony. St John's Cruz Bay area offers nightlife and many iconic restaurants.
3. Croix - this island is the largest of the three, but less developed and less touristy. It has a more relaxed atmosphere, with historic architecture, museums, and botanical gardens. It's a good choice for couples who want a more low-key wedding ceremony. St. Croix has several venues to accommodate intimate weddings, including historic plantation homes, beachside villas, and botanical gardens.
5 beautiful USVI wedding venue options
The USVI offers a variety of beautiful and unique wedding venues. Here are a few options to consider:
1. Beaches - The USVI has no shortage of beautiful beaches, many of which offer stunning backdrops for wedding ceremonies. Some famous beaches for weddings include,
• Rainbow Beach and Carambola Beach on St. Croix.
Beautiful beach wedding in the USVI
2. Historic sites - The USVI has a rich history and offers many unique wedding venues, these are the sites we recommend,
• The 17th-century Fort Christian and the landmark Hotel 1829 are popular choices on St. Thomas.
3. Resorts and hotels - There are many resorts and hotels in the USVI that offer wedding packages and services, including
•The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas
• The Buccaneer on St. Croix.
4. Villas and private estates - For a more intimate and personal wedding, consider renting a villa or private estate. There are many options available on all three islands. A local wedding planner will know the view, ambiance, and capacity of these villas & estates.
You can exchange vows on a private yacht or even a helicopter. Consider renting a private yacht for your ceremony. The waters in the USVI offer some of the most stunning and secluded locations for a wedding, including secluded coves, uninhabited islands, and hidden beaches. For the small wedding party, Sail Helios is an option for a wedding party of twelve or fewer. This private yacht provides a unique and intimate setting for a wedding ceremony, with the added thrill of exploring the Caribbean Sea.
National Park on St John
For an extreme and adventurous wedding location in the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), consider the Virgin Islands National Park on St. John.
One unique and extreme wedding location within the park is the Reef Bay Trail, a 2.2-mile hike that leads to the secluded and picturesque Reef Bay Beach. Another option is Rams Head. The Ram Head Trail is a challenging hiking trail that leads to the southernmost point of St. John, offering unparalleled panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and the island.
Coral World Ocean Park on St Thomas
Another extreme wedding location in the USVI is the Coral World Ocean Park on St. Thomas. The park offers the opportunity to get married underwater, surrounded by colorful tropical fish and marine life.
Any extreme wedding locations require some advanced planning and preparation and the assistance of local wedding planners and vendors. However, they can provide adventurous couples with a truly unique and unforgettable wedding experience!
Ultimately, the best island and wedding venue in the USVI depends on your personal preferences and budget. It's recommended to research and visit venues in person and work with a local wedding planner to ensure a seamless and stress-free experience. In conclusion, all three U.S. Virgin Islands offer beautiful locations and unique wedding venues. Whichever island you choose, you're sure to have an unforgettable wedding experience in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Contributor to Destination Wedding Directory
Tropical Regards Captain Jay
Captain Jay has lived on St. John for over a decade, during which time he has become intimately familiar with the island's marine environment. He is a licensed U.S. Coast Guard captain and has sailed from Florida throughout the Virgin Islands. Captain Jay is known for his friendly and personable approach, and he enjoys sharing his passion for sailing and the island with his guests. He is an ordained minister and has performed ceremonies since 2014.
Address: PO Box 1795, Virgin Islands 00830V1
Phone Number: (340) 244-3290
Email: [email protected]